This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


Ages 40 - 74 years?

You may be entitled to a fee NHS health check.  This health check can help to detect diabetes, high blood pressure and high  cholesterol . The check will also assess your risk of developing cardiovascular disease in the future and with the right measures can prevent these diseases.


To qualify for your health check you must be aged between 40 - 74 years and NOT ALREADY receiving treatment for: Heart disease, Kidney disease, stroke or diabetes


To arrange your free health check please contact the surgery on 01257 791216 and ask for an appointment for your diabetes and cholesterol blood test followed by an appointment with our health care assistant




Letter to our patients

Click here to view this letter

Covid-19 advice

If you have symptoms of a new, continuous cough and/or a high temperature and/or loss of taste and smell please stay at home and self isolate for at least 7 days. If you need medical help contact NHS 111 online at, if you do not have access to the internet you can call 111.

For life-threatening emergencies, call 999 for an ambulance

You can find a wide range of Covid-19 advice at:

Important advice for parents

Face to face appointments in primary care

As the NHS continues to respond to the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic, we have implemented our own business continuity plans.

To minimise the risk of infection to you and our practice team, we have changed how we work, which includes working with other local GP practices to make the best use of our facilities and staff.

When contacting the practice, we will undertake an assessment (called triaging) of your needs and whether you may or may not have covid-19 symptoms. Wherever safe and appropriate to do so our clinical team will undertake your consultation via telephone or through a video consultation.

If after the initial assessment, a member of our clinical team feels that you require a face-to-face consultation then we will arrange for this to take place.

However, so that the risk of infection to our staff and other patients is minimised, all patients with covid-19 symptoms should contact NHS 111. If you require a face-to-face appointment you will be required to attend the Chorley Central Covid-19 Care Hub , West Street Car Park, West Street, Chorley PR7 2RP.

All patients without covid-19 symptoms should contact the practice as normal on 01257 514240.

We appreciate that this may mean increased travel for you and apologise for any inconvenience in advance. Many GP practices across our area are adopting this new way of working to minimise the risk to patients and staff whilst trying to maintain access to services as much as possible. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

What to do if you think you have coronavirus?

If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough), use the 111 coronavirus service.

If you need help or advice not related to coronavirus:

Rescue Packs

We have been made aware of some inaccurate information circulating (especially on social media) regarding special ‘rescue packs’ of antibiotics and oral steroids for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (or even for those who don’t have these conditions).

We would like to reassure you that patients who suffer with severe respiratory conditions already have these in place (along with the instructions on how to use them). Oral steroids are powerful medicines and any decision to use them would need careful evaluation by a prescriber, usually a doctor or respiratory specialist nurse.

Please do not contact the practice for a rescue pack unless this is something that has been previously agreed and prescribed by your medical team. You should continue to manage your condition in the usual way and if you feel you have symptoms of COVID-19, go to or call 111 (online services should be used as a first choice) before doing anything else.


We are aware of increasing requests for inhalers from patients who have not had them for a significant period. Each patient should be reviewed on an individual basis and certainly not all patients should have these prescribed as there should be a clinical need for this. Patients who have not had these for at least 18 months probably do not need a prescription but may need them prescribing in future if they have a clinical need. There is a risk to general supply of these for those who do need them if we significantly change the normally prescribing rate and we are already seeing many stock shortages with these. In the meantime, if you have patients who do require an inhaler then we would suggest limiting this to one inhaler where appropriate to help manage the supply chain.

Fit Notes (Sick notes)

Absence from work may fall into five categories:

  1. Personally affected – isolating for seven days
  2. Personally affected - remaining unwell for over seven days
  3. Household member affected – isolating for fourteen days as per government advice
  4. At risk group – following government advice
  5. Those in full time education

You should self-certify for the first seven days as normal if you are unfit to work. You do not need to contact your GP.

  1. Personally affected - remaining unwell for over seven days

If you remain unwell and unfit to work after seven days, visit and complete an online self-assessment. You do not need to contact your GP.

  1. Household member affected – isolating for fourteen days as per government advice

    4. At risk group – following government advice

Employers are responsible for putting in place arrangements for home/remote working where this is possible. Where it is not, you may self-certify and return to work following the relevant absence which your employer may authorise as per government advice. Where you do become unwell during or after this time, point 1 and 2 applies. You do not need to contact your GP.

  1. Those in full time education

There is no requirement to issue certification to schools or colleges to confirm absence. These organisations must work with parents and students to ensure that any absence is appropriately recorded. You do not need to contact your GP.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website